It is quite challenging to choose the best bat for a 10-year-old. Worry no more because we got you covered. The main plan is to get a bat that is easy to play with as well as safety. For instance, a bat that is too heavy won’t suit this case. Bat size also matters. Do not buy a bat, which is too long for your child. It affects the speed as well as the control. A bat with a length of 29-inches and 19-ounces or 30-inch long and 20-ounces is right for a 10-year-old.
You should be in a position to choose a bat that suits your child no matter his or her weight, size, and strength. This article provides you with information on various types of bats for your child to have better pitch results.
DeMarini 2020 CF (-11, -10) Fastpitch Bat
This is one of the best types of bats in the market. It offers maximum barrel control. Mostly, this bat is recommended for players who wish to create a tremendous swing speed with less power. It comes with wonderful colors of blue, black, purple and grey. The sweet part of this deal is that the bat has a 1-year warranty.
- Has a barrel of 2 ¼ inch diameter
- It is a 2-piece composite feature that is Paraflex plus and 3-fusion connection. This helps you deliver energy to the barrel but not hands as well as reduce vibration.
- It is light since it has a -10 length to weight ratio. Therefore, it’s much easier for the 10-year-old to play with.
- A ReFract End Cap mainly for swing speed and control.
- It’s approved for USSSA, NSA, ASA, ISA players.
- One year company warranty.
A DeMarini prism -11 bat has a gapped wall barrel of more substantial and light materials with a balanced weight. Therefore, boost performance with the use of less energy. The CF-11 manufactured in half and a half-two piece design to make it more and more comfortable to use.
The ReAction cap increases handle and barrel act since the material used is lighter. With this type of Cap, you don’t have to apply a lot of energy hitting a baseball ball. Prism -11 handle manufactured with continuous fiber makes it comfortable to play with because the fiber increases grip in your hands.
- As long as you get bats from Manufactures Company, you enjoy a one-year warranty cover.
- The bat is durable because of the material used to manufacture it.
- Only approved for NSA, ASA, USSSA, ISA
It is one of the bat designs we can recommend for you. It has the features you need to upgrade your skills to another level. If you are looking for one to suit a ten-year-old, this is a great choice.
Easton Beast Speed Hybrid -10 USA Youth Baseball Bat
Alloy two-piece construction designed bat. It has a new speed Cap for more responsive barrel and wonderful performance. The speed cap also enhances the bat sound. This design provides a unique swing weight for higher speed and outstanding hits. Young players use this model to improve their hitting skills. Here is the updated price of the bat.
- Easton Beast model has a 2-5/8 barrel and a lizard skin SDSP which is a cushion to better the grip.
- 2-piece balanced hybrid design- lightweight for a better swing and enhanced speed.
- ATAC Alloy construction for the strongest and lightest aluminum barrel.
- It has a dynamic system accompanied by connexion +technology, which gives the hands a rock-hard feel.
The company uses an ALX50 aluminum alloy to construct this brand of bats. Aluminum is light; it makes it comfortable for a player to swing when hitting a baseball. Easton dealers manufacture this bat with a large sweet spot, to help a player feel the grip in his or her hands.
Advanced Thermal Alloy construction, combined with exact Carbon for a 2-piece design, creates a sturdy barrel. The handle is built with a lizard skin to cushion the hands and give an ultimate grip. Handle and barrel are quite responsive because of the new speed cap.
- Yields great power by maximizing the impact with the baseball
- Has a wonderful energy transfer
- Build by thermo composite technology
- Has Eaton baseball bat quality
- In most cases comes with one color. It can be white, grey or black
- Are a bit pricey
Experienced players are attracted to choose the Easton Beast model because of the impact it makes with the ball. This company uses the latest technologies meaning players will be familiar with new features. More so, with this brand, you can push your skill to the next level.
EASTON Project 3 ADV -3 BBCOR Baseball Bat
Project 3 A.V.D. manufactured by Easton Company and its one of BBCOR bats they have ever launched since in 2019. It is a 3-pound weight and a two-piece composite bat. Commonly designed for high school and college youth. This design upgrades barrel profiles by the use of advanced material and technology. The model helps players produce desired power, speed as well as experience a solid feel.
- Most delicate barrel design for better control and reduced vibration
- Soft knob –provides the hitter with leverage, power boost, and comfort
- Stiffer handle design for best feel.
- 2 5/8 inch barrel diameter
- New barrel layup, facilitates maximum barrel performance
- This design isolates the barrel from the handle for a natural and solid feel.
- 2-piece construction ISO CXNTM with a solid feel.
The 2-piece composite construction gives a balanced BBCOR character. It provides the player with power as well as speed. Materials used to improve the barrel role make it comfortable for powerful hits. LIZARD SKINS DSP cushions the hand by giving an ultimate feel and grip. The isolation of the barrel from the handle aids in better performance. Easton’s project 3 has an optimized barrel design to give a player full bat control. The barrel also helps you determine the best launch angle. A stiffer handle layup gives the best feeling in the pitch.
- Time saving-With the Easton project, 3-AVD, you need short break-in periods.
- free shipping
- You get to enjoy twelve-month manufacturer warranty
- Your hands experience less risk of pain- minimal vibrations due to the Lizard skin
- Soft L.S. grip to make your game more enjoyable
- It is a popular type of brand, and this makes it expensive, but this is a great baseball bat if you are comfortable with the price
It’s the most innovative bat for BBCOR baseball players since 1969. The company has done an excellent job since then. The better part is that they have come up with edge-cutting materials to keep your pitch intact.
Marucci CAT 8-10 USSSA Baseball Bat
It’s the New USSSA youth baseball design, launched in 2019. It has a big barrel with impressive sound when you make solid contact. CAT8 is much better than Cat 7 because of the one-piece- alloy used to build it. Alloy makes the inner wall thinner. The aluminum also increased the durability of the bat. CAT 8 features -10 length to weight ratio and a barrel of 2 ¾ inches. If you searching a bat that suits a 10-year kid this is one of them. Add it to your shopping list. Make sure your child gets the best experience with the Marucci baseball bat.
- Has a micro-perforated spongy grip for better bat control
- Comes with second-generation knob feature to reduce vibrations and provide a comfy feel
- The barrel diameter is 2 ¾ inches
- 12- Months manufacturesꞌ warranty.
- Barrel walls are constructed with aluminum cover to make it more reliable and durable.
- Ring free barrel for more flex
- USSSA BPF 1.15 certification
The one-piece aluminum alloy used to construct the model gives you a higher responsive and durable bat. Micro-perforated sponge with extra tack boosts grip for better bat control. Multi-Variable designed walls provide the bat with a large sweet spot and thinner walls for a comfy feel after making solid contact.
The barrel is ring-free, and this improves flexibility as well as the performance. A well-balanced barrel has a low M.O.I and balanced feel for the control. The vibration knob is an upgrade of the first-generation design, featuring a Harmonic dampening system, to give a better feel and minimal negative vibrations by cushioning the hands.
- Gives a player great sizing options
- The anti-vibration works perfectly to produce a soft feel as well as protecting the hands from injuries.
- It has a huge barrel
- Marucci CAT 8 is heavier hence beaten by lighter brands
- CAT 8 is slightly different from the 2017 model.
- It’s for USSSA players
Does your 10-year-old break bats now and then? Here is one of the designs we can recommend for you. It’s more reliable and durable enough to play a couple of seasons. Furthermore, it is cheaper compared to the other bats.
Rawlings 2019 Threat USA Youth Baseball Bat (-12)
Rawlings threat baseball is an excellent bat for USSSA youth players. It has almost the same weight as the other bats. But still, the lightest for fastpitch speeds because it is easy to swing. It is 100 % composite with a one-piece alloy design to boost the trampoline. The barrel is 2-5/8 big for better solid contact. This bat Color is green and navy and here is the updated price.
- Has an innovative end Cap to minimize swing weight.
- Free shipping!
- One year manufactures warranty
- Considered to have a large sweet spot for extra power.
- -12 length to mass Ratio
- Carbon Fiber barrel that generates a premium pop
- Has a 1.15 BPF USSSA stamp
- Big barrel with a diameter of 2 3/4inches
One-piece Composite design manufactured with a balanced, lightweight material (227 grams alloy). The lightweight property makes it swing very well as well as allow faster bat speeds. The Rawlings Company constructs this bat in a certain way that each hitter reveals his or her natural power.
The 2 3/4 inch diameter barrel manufactured with carbon fiber provides a sizeable soft spot for more power. The changes in the new threat make the barrel flatter and short increasing the sweet spot size for better results. Rawlings has upgraded the handle to improve grip, by maximizing feel and comfort for each swing made.
- Rawling’s- threat – 2019 is strong. This makes it hard to break and durable
- Has a good-sized barrel
- It helps the young hitters swing with less energy through the zone.
- One year manufacturer warranty
- It’s cheaper compared to other brands
- May sting a bit.
- Only one color is available in the market (white)
- Approved for USSSA players.
It’s a recommendable design since it can provide you with light swings. Furthermore, the bat is durable and relatively cheap compared to other brands. The sweet part of the deal is if you order it today, the company issues a one year warranty and zero shipping cost.
Louisville Slugger LXT X20
Louisville slugger is a brand of bats approved for ISF, ISA, NSA, ASA and USSSA players. It is a 3-piece composite bat with a well-balanced weight. Consists of a VCX vibration system, a first-rate comfort grip, and ultra-light X- cap design. It has a 2 ¼ inch diameter for the barrel and -10 Length to Weight Ratio. LXT is a top bat in the Louisville slugger listings.
- Three-piece composite design
- Patented PBF barrel technology for a better pop.
- Approved for ASA, USSSA, ISF, ISA, and NSA players
- The barrel has a 2 ¼ inch diameter
- Standard handle circumference(7/8 inches)
- Ultra balanced bat weight
- One year manufactures warranty
- Has a -10 Length to mass ratio
LXT 3- piece composite material that is quite stable for a superb swing. It has a VCX technology system to control vibrations produced on making solid contact. It also cushions the hands to grant a comfy feel. With a -11 drop weight, the fast pitch bat is light, offering any hitter an agile balance. The X-cap provides a top-rate grip, which helps to control the bat.
Composite PFB barrel generates a unique pop as well as creates a large sweet spot for an outstanding feel. The X-cap and the VCX system facilitate independent movement between the handle and barrel. An electrometric connection joins the barrel and the handle giving a tender act by making sure minimal vibrations reach the hands.
- Gives a light swing
- The performance is excellent, the reason millions buy the product.
- Free shipping and twelve- months warranty
- Has a long- term durability
- Players experience plenty of sizing options
- Some people are interested in a stiffer bat
- Some prefer heavy swings
- It is little bit expensive
You reach for this design if comfort, responsive contact, and speed are your top priorities. Louisville Slugger producers say they make history while others make bats. As per records, it is true because they have managed to sell over 100 million bats, quite a remarkable history. They do not settle for less, and neither should you.
EASTON Ghost X Hyperlite -11 USA Youth Baseball Bat
Easton X Hyperlink -11 is a 1-piece carbon composite brand. Has an innovative Speed Cap to create a flexible barrel and enhance the bat sound. This design offers a lighter swing weight product for comfortable swings. 2-5/8 inch barrel diameter featured with a LIZARD SKIN SDSP for better grip and feel. Mostly this model is used by Associations and leagues that follow USA baseball principles. Here is the updated price of Ghost X.
- Speed Cap provides a responsive and flexible barrel.
- A color way of Red and Black
- Extreme lightweight and durability
- Free shipping!
- EXACT Carbon engineered with composite material
- One year manufacturer’s warranty
- 1-piece balanced composite design grants an atomic swing weight for extra speed behind the ball.
- 2 5/8 inch barrel circumference
- mostly recommended for young players
Built from EXACT Carbon materials and with advanced technology to make sure feel and comfort are optimized. The materials used are reliable, durable, and of balanced weight. These properties ensure the bat delivers more speed in contact with the baseball.
Barrel build with a 2 5/8 inch diameter and -11 drop weight results to a splendid performance in the pitch. Ghost X baseball constructs a large sweet spot to provide a suitable surface area for the hit. The handle has a 2.2mm length cushion to prevent your hands from injuries.
- Produces an impressive pop
- The bat is well balanced for a better hit
- One year producer warranty
- Has a hyper skin for grip and better control
- It can sting the hand, especially if you are playing on a cold day. But this is common with low temperatures.
This is a recommendable bat because it gives a dazzling relationship particularly to the little league, USA baseball, hundreds of NCAA college teams, plenty of expert teams and USSSA baseball players.
Easton Beast Speed -11 USA Youth Baseball Bat
Enjoy the first swing with Easton speed baseball bat. It is a 1-piece aluminum model with a balanced swing mass. The company manufactures its barrel with ATAC alloy, which makes it lighter and reliable. The responsive barrel improves the bat sound. It has a new speed cap for flexibility. Constructed with a Lizard skin for a precise look, performance, and appearance. Barrel diameter is 2 5/8 inches and 11 lengths to weight relation
- New SPEED CAP- provides a bendy and responsive barrel to improve the sound.
- LIZARD SKINS DSP- gives a better feel by cushioning the hands
- One-piece well-balanced model for lightweight swings.
- Barrel Constructed by Advanced Thermal Alloy material for a more regular and lighter feature.
- One year manufactures warranty.
Uses the Advanced Thermal Alloy Construction (ATAC) design –gives hitters a fantastic experience in the pitch. It is a one-piece speed balanced model with lightweight swings with added speed and a large sweet spot for a comfy feeling.
The Cap manufactured with new techniques, to give a more responsive barrel and improved sound on making solid contact. The handle has a LIZARD skin DSP (2.2 mm) for cushioning and ultimate feel. It gives the hitter confidence and the ability to advance to the next level.
- The barrel is light and strong
- Easy to swing
- Provides desired grip and tack
- Has a responsive barrel
- Cap is more flexible
- The bat produces enhanced sound
The challenge here is the scarcity of the model. Due to this, you can end up buying an alternative that does not suit your interests.
Easton Beast Speed 11 is an excellent choice for the youths to push their skills to the next level. It won’t break in a short period because it’s durable. It is a Lightweight bat that grants an enjoyable experience for a 10-year-old player.
Rawlings 2018 5150 USA Baseball Bat (-11, -10, -5)
Approved bat for USA baseball leagues and associations. It’s a single piece metallic baseball bat constructed with grade 5150 alloy for long lasting durability. Uses 2.0 pop -technologies to better the sweet spot, generate a fantastic sound, and an excellent feel. It’s a Lightweight bat with a drop -11 length to weight ratio for speed on contact with the ball.
- Brown, Grey, and Black color avaiable
- Engineered with p0p 2.0 technology for a prolonged sweet spot
- made with Aircraft-grade 5150 alloy to boost responsiveness
- Balanced model- delivers a soft feel and maximizes bat speed
- High-performance metallic Baseball bat -offers incomparable pop and balance
- Certified stamped bat for new 2018 standards in all USA Baseball leagues
It’s a metallic baseball bat constructed with grade 5150 alloy to improve response. It also gives the hitter the required balance and also delivers outstanding pop. The material is durable and yields exceptional results in the pitch.
The barrel diameter is 2 5/8 inches to make sure you have a large surface area for successful hits. Straight wall barrel optimizes speed and ensures high performance. The synthetic handle improves grip on your hands as well as help you get control over the bat.
- It’s a responsive bat model
- Smooth feel and maximized speed
- Has expanded sweet spot
- Delivers incomparable pop
- It’s expensive although one of the bats that can boost your pitch experience within a short period
Rawlings 5150 is a recommendable bat for you since it’s durable and helps young players perform great in the pith. You will also enjoy free shipping and free customer services if you order a bat from the company today.
Easton Ghost X Evolution -10 USA Youth Baseball Bat
Be ready to enjoy explosive hits with the Easton Ghost X Evolution bat. It’s a speed balanced swing weight bat with 2- piece EXACT carbon composite feature. Uses NITROCELL foam for lightness.It also creates a better feel between the barrel and the handle. Has a new Cap to enhance the bat sound. The company constructs this bat with CXN Evolution technology for excellent performance and an updated price of Ghost X Evolution.
- 2 5/8” Barrel Diameter with -10 Length to Weight Ratio and Speed Balanced Swing mass
- New Speed End Cap for flexibility
- Custom Lizard Skins Bat for Grip
- Flexible Barrel Technology -CXN Evolution for a lively feel
- Two-Piece bat manufactured with 100 percent EXACT Carbon Composite material
- white, red and black colors available
- USSSA 1.15 Baseball Stamp.
Easton Beast X Evolution, designed with EXACT two-piece Composite materials, achieves a well-balanced weight. CXN Evolution construction uses NITRO-CELL foam to better the feel on your hands when you make solid contact. Easton has carefully constructed this bat to make it give you the best feeling in the pitch.
The barrel has a large surface area with a diameter of 2 5/8 inches for comfortable hits. It also has a new Speed Cap to make the barrel more responsive. The handle wrapped with LIZARD SKIN to boost grip by cushioning your hands.
- More flexible and reactive barrel
- Easy to swing
- Cushion the hands
- Yields outstanding results in the pitch
- Generates explosive power
- Little bit Expensive
- Approved for associations and leagues which follow the USA baseball principles.
Easton- Evolution baseball is one of the best bats in the market. It’s recommended for young players. So if you have a teen in your home, do not forget to add it to your shopping list. It will provide him or her with the desired experience.
What size bat should a 10-year-old use?
Do you wonder what size of a bat should suit your 10-year-old? As a parent, it is important to be certain. There is no need to choose a bat, only him or her to get disappointed in the field. Furthermore, do not spend hundreds of dollars on a bat you not sure. Well, we got you covered.
For a ten year old, a bat of 29-30 inch long and 19-20 ounces heavy will be appropriate. If you need a very light bat, a 2 ¼ inch barrel is right. Remember that your kids’ physical metrics do not necessarily indicate what size of a bat you should purchase.
Generally, 29-inches of length are good. But for a drop 11, you can go for 30 inches while for drop- 12, you can choose a 32 inch although in most cases; drop bats lack performance because of the lost mass in the barrel, so it’s better to choose a 29 inch bat.
How to pick best baseball bats for 10 years olds player
For you to pick the best baseball bat for 10 years old you have to consider several factors namely;
- Consider the bat length
Bats come in dissimilar lengths measurable from the end cap to the knob. This is commonly in inches. The length of a bat determines the hit over the base. For instance, longer bats give a hitter more reach over the base. However, you will need more power to swing. Here are ways you can use to measure the length.
Firstly, position the bat at the child’s side and make sure the palm reaches the handle. Secondly, lay the bats knob at the center of your child’s chest, for it to be a suitable size, they should be able to reach out and grab the barrel.
- The weight of the bat
Generally, bats weight is in ounces. It is logic; weight determines the control you will have on your bat. The heavier the bat, the harder it is to swing. For a ten years kid, you need a bat that is easy to rotate as well as heavy enough to produce powerful hits. In this case, a 19-20 ounce bat is appropriate.
Here is another way to find out the most excellent weight for a youngster. Spread your child’s arm and let him or her hold the handle for 30-40 seconds. If the bat is too heavy, you will see him or her struggle to keep it up. Then you will have to choose a lighter one. To make things easier, you can consult a specialist
- Consider the materials used for construction
Do you need the best type of bat for a 10u-year-old? It’s your role to choose the right bat for your kid. It would help if you kept close attention to the construction materials. Bats come in three varieties, including composite, wood, and aluminum.
Also, have a look at the bat length, weight, and drop. Generally, a bat for 10u should be light, affordable, and easy to use. Don’t forget about the durability of the material. With quality brands, there are small chances for disappointments.
- The bat price
Having a budget before shopping is essential because it ensures you do not spend more than expected. You should apply the same when buying a bat for ten years old. As stated above, you will pay more on composite bats compared to alloy ones. Spending much doesn’t mean you will get the best bat. So do not stress yourself because we have quality bats that will suit your price and interest.
What is the best type of baseball bats?
To choose the best type of a bat for a ten year old you should consider the barrel construction. Bats are either constructed in aluminum, composite, or hybrid materials.
Aluminum alloy bats are cheap, durable, and do not crack easily. When you hit a ball, aluminum bats produce less pop. They have a small sweet spot. The disadvantage is that the bat may sting your hand a little if the ball isn’t correctly hit.
Composite barrels are manufactured by the use of carbon fibers’ sleeves. With composite barrels, you can hit the ball further since they are more reliable. Generally, they have a large sweet spot. The only shortcoming is that they are expensive compared to aluminum bats.
For the hybrid ones, they made of both aluminum and composite material for a traditional feel. In many cases, hybrid bats are constructed of alloy barrel and composite handle. Therefore, hybrid bats have improved feel on hitting the ball. Compared to the two, hybrid bats are cheaper and durable.
With clear information on different bats, you will be able to choose the right one. This will help you get the best bat in the market at a reasonable amount. Below are the questions you need to consider;
The good news is, with this clear information on different bats, you will be able to choose the best bat in the market at a reasonable price.
How to take care of my bat?
- Always store it in an upright position
- Check whether it is damaged more often
How long should my bat be?
Well, this may vary according to your league requirements, but try a few bats and see which length suits you. Generally, for six years, a 25-inch bat is suitable. For ten years, a 29 inch is good. A thirty-two inch for 16 years and 34 inches for seventeen plus.
How do I know when to move up a size?
Mostly this is for the young players. To upgrade your child’s bat size, you need to check the measurement more often. Ask him or her how the swing feels. If still within range, he or she will make perfect swings.
Choosing the best bat is not a simple task, but with this information, I believe you can do it. Keep mind the better the bat, the more you enjoy the game. If you need a ten-year-old bat or one that will last for ten years period, worry not because we got you covered. Here you will get a number of selections, including senior baseball bats, tee ball bats, BBCOR bats, junior big barrel bats, adult baseball bats, and also wood baseball bats.